Tristy

Paintings of Henry Miller
Henry Miller, Lawrence Durrell
Dreamways of the Iroquois: Honoring the Secret Wishes of the Soul
Robert Moss
Pentimento (Back Bay Books)
Lillian Hellman

Tantric Quest: An Encounter with Absolute Love

Tantric Quest: An Encounter with Absolute Love - Daniel Odier Definitely more narrative and actual authentic, personal experience than you see in most books about Eastern mysticism, but still very full of the dense intellectualism that feels like a shield to me. Why aren't there more stories of the dirty, messy part of spiritual practice? Why is it always platitude after platitude? Everyone's spiritual journey is messy, yet rarely is that truth shared "after the enlightenment". I find this ESPECIALLY true with books about Eastern mysticism - perhaps because the "goal" is to "transcend ego". But there is no juice in a book full of spiritual doctrine with no personal connection. Can we not have both? And as I said, this book has more personal expression than I've seen in this genre, so I really appreciate that. Also, reading about a female guru was fascinating and I love learning more about the feminine aspect of Shivaic Tantrism. This book was lent to me by a wonderfully smart friend and I look forward to talking more about it with her!