Tristy

Paintings of Henry Miller
Henry Miller, Lawrence Durrell
Dreamways of the Iroquois: Honoring the Secret Wishes of the Soul
Robert Moss
Pentimento (Back Bay Books)
Lillian Hellman

Longing for Darkness: Tara and the Black Madonna

Longing for Darkness: Tara and the Black Madonna - China Galland This reads like an academic dissertation turned into a book. It's really two books - the academic, historical description of her spiritual journey (with EVERY Buddhist teacher she trained with listed along with their lineage) and her own, very personal, fascinating internal journey on the path to finding the feminine in two very male-oriented religions. I, like many, wanted to love this book and in the end, it took a lot to finish it. It has a kind of plodding, travelogue feel to it. The chapters don't flow together. And yet, there are electric moments, like her description of healing herself of past birthing trauma, through her feverish sickness in Nepal. I also feel like the reason the author had such a hard time finding the Goddess on her travels, is because she had such a hard time honoring the feminine in herself. But this is an important book and I'm so glad she shared her story with the world.