Tristy

Paintings of Henry Miller
Henry Miller, Lawrence Durrell
Dreamways of the Iroquois: Honoring the Secret Wishes of the Soul
Robert Moss
Pentimento (Back Bay Books)
Lillian Hellman

Addiction to Perfection: The Still Unravished Bride: A Psychological Study (Studies in Jungian Psychology)

Addiction to Perfection: The Still Unravished Bride: A Psychological Study - Marion Woodman I really love Marion Woodman. Her books, especially [b:Dancing in the Flames: The Dark Goddess in the Transformation of Consciousness|27243|Dancing in the Flames The Dark Goddess in the Transformation of Consciousness|Marion Woodman|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1347882138s/27243.jpg|27889] changed my life. Her poetic, spiritual, feminist approach to spirituality and healing is unparalleled. Which is why this book breaks my heart. In this book she is tackling a serious issue - eating disorders in women. I started out hopeful, as I do think "an addiction to perfection" lies at the heart of so many of women's wounds. She starts with a "fact" that all "obese" women are psychologically damaged. She then goes on to unconsciously project all over her "obese" analysands. She talks about the "demons" inside them and recommends fasting for 7 days - essentially asking her overweight clients to starve themselves. And what does she ask her anorexic clients to do? To binge eat? No, of course not. But it's okay to ask her "obese" analysands to starve themselves for an entire week. There is no acknowledgement of the challenging power of fat women in our society and how that factors in to feminism. And in fact, she shares many drawings by her "obese" analysands (which are wonderful) and so many of them include Goddess figures of prehistory, ALL of which are "obese" women. There is NO MENTION of the archetypal meaning of these powerful symbols. Now, this book was published in 1982, so I do have to chalk a bit of the unconscious projection on fat people to the time and culture, but the extreme projections in this book are horrendous and sad for someone so deeply immerse in Jungian psychology. Now all this being said, please read some of her other books. She does have so much to offer in other realms but stay away from this one.