Tristy

Paintings of Henry Miller
Henry Miller, Lawrence Durrell
Dreamways of the Iroquois: Honoring the Secret Wishes of the Soul
Robert Moss
Pentimento (Back Bay Books)
Lillian Hellman

Spells of Enchantment: The Wondrous Fairy Tales of Western Culture

Spells of Enchantment: The Wondrous Fairy Tales of Western Culture - Jack Zipes At 814 pages, this is quite the compendium. Jack Zipes is THE researcher of folk lore and fairy tales (after [a:C.G. Jung|38285|C.G. Jung|http://d.gr-assets.com/authors/1219275406p2/38285.jpg] and [a:Joseph Campbell|20105|Joseph Campbell|http://d.gr-assets.com/authors/1201938763p2/20105.jpg], of course). As with all collections of stories written by different authors, this collection is a mixed bag and unfortunately, more bad than good. While it's fascinating to read fairy tales written by famous authors like Oscar Wilde and Hermann Hesse, there really wasn't a thread to tie them all together. They are listed in chronological order, so the stories bounce all over the place in style and tone - it was difficult to find my bearings in this vast sea of stories. But kudos to Jack Zipes for compiling such a thorough collection!