Tristy

Paintings of Henry Miller
Henry Miller, Lawrence Durrell
Dreamways of the Iroquois: Honoring the Secret Wishes of the Soul
Robert Moss
Pentimento (Back Bay Books)
Lillian Hellman

The Myth of the Goddess

The Myth of the Goddess: Evolution of an Image - Anne Baring, Jules Cashford, Laurens van der Post This book changed my life. I read it when it first came out and I have just re-read it again, 20 years later. While many people like to deny the sources quoted in this book about the goddess-worshipping that may or may not have happened in Neolithic time, that is just a small aspect of this book and those who dwell on that are really showing their sexism. What this book does BRILLIANTLY is break down every single religious "doctrine" that the Christian world adheres to. Every story can be traced back to an earlier culture. Just look at the story of Osiris in Ancient Egypt - the same story of Jesus and his resurrection. Anne Baring and Jules Cashford show us each and every way the feminine aspect of the divine was denied, erased and deleted from history. These facts are undeniable and those that have "reviewed" this book and trashed for its "bad research" either never read the book, or are so blinded by their own internalized sexism that they can't take the time to follow up on the tremendous and completely accurate resources used in the writing of this incredible book.