Tristy

Paintings of Henry Miller
Henry Miller, Lawrence Durrell
Dreamways of the Iroquois: Honoring the Secret Wishes of the Soul
Robert Moss
Pentimento (Back Bay Books)
Lillian Hellman

Rich Rewards

Rich Rewards - Alice Adams This is my first foray into Alice Adams. We scavenged her entire oeuvre and I am interested enough in her writing to keep going. This really is a window into the past - specifically San Francisco in the 1980's as seen through the eyes of a 40-year-old woman. It's quite fascinating and really sad. It's a window into the mind of a woman who is frightened a lot, of everything. It's a window into the mind of a woman who doesn't understand that things just happen in the world, and they are not directly related to her. I was disappointed to be the only reviewer of this book, because I really want to hear what others thought of it. The 1970's was a time of great independence for women, but you can see how wobbly so many are. The characters in this book are the kind of women on whose backs the current generation of women stand and for that reason, this book is fascinating to read. This is women's cultural history - its triumphs and its horrors.*I did not read the "Kindle Edition" - mine is a first-edition hardback, published in 1980*