Tristy

Paintings of Henry Miller
Henry Miller, Lawrence Durrell
Dreamways of the Iroquois: Honoring the Secret Wishes of the Soul
Robert Moss
Pentimento (Back Bay Books)
Lillian Hellman

Revolution from Within: A Book of Self-Esteem

Revolution from Within: A Book of Self-Esteem - Gloria Steinem In the introduction, Gloria Steinem writes that she originally wrote "250 pages of psychological research, anecdotal examples, and philosophical prose," only to realize through feedback from friends, that she didn't put any of HERSELF into her writing. She wanted to change that with this book and she *almost* does, but not quite. It is still dense with historical facts and fascinating feminist editorials (as only Gloria Steinem can do!) but I really missed hearing her own voice. She starts with her personal story, and the first two chapters are what touched me most in this book. And I LOVE her mission statement about how critical and essential self-esteem is for the world and its people, but in the end I really missed hearing her voice and personal experiences. She also spends the majority of the book letting us know all the ways that our self-esteem has been damaged by our culture but gives few tools for remedying that problem.