Tristy

Paintings of Henry Miller
Henry Miller, Lawrence Durrell
Dreamways of the Iroquois: Honoring the Secret Wishes of the Soul
Robert Moss
Pentimento (Back Bay Books)
Lillian Hellman

A Table by the Window

A Table by the Window - Lawana Blackwell This is a book where almost nothing happens. I also found the subtle Christian overtones really offensive - be UP FRONT with your agenda, don't hide it in the form of a fictional novel. Also, the heroine, for someone who grew up in an incredibly abusive family is astoundingly well-adjusted, more so then the folks who had quite loving and decent families. I'm not saying that's impossible, but you have to explain HOW this woman healed herself so deeply and powerfully and we never hear that story. I also couldn't stomach the "charming Southern" stereotypes on every page. There was no depth to this story or the characters. I do give it an extra star for being a great book to inspire single woman to go into business for themselves - the subplot could have been a class in small business management!