Tristy

Paintings of Henry Miller
Henry Miller, Lawrence Durrell
Dreamways of the Iroquois: Honoring the Secret Wishes of the Soul
Robert Moss
Pentimento (Back Bay Books)
Lillian Hellman

Fat: The Owner's Manual

Fat: The Owner's Manual - Ragen Chastain Ragen Chastain is a treasure in the world of Health at Every Size (HAES), Size Acceptance, and in general as a funny, smart, supportive woman who writes regularly about life as a fit, fat woman on her excellent blog Dances with Fat. This self-published book (her first, I believe) has the feel of a collection of her best blog posts. She covers a vastly wide range of topics, from how western culture continues to view and shame fat people, to scientific research about "obesity," to flying while fat, to self-esteem issues and more. This truly is an owner's manual! She in fact covers SO much material, that she really could have broken it down and expanded on each topic, writing several books! And while she fell into a few of my most hated self-publishing mistakes (lots of typos and grammatical errors, as well as a clunky layout without a lot of graphic design), the content is priceless. Reading it is like having a really chatty, supportive friend who has got your back, no matter what. I think this is a must-read for anyone trying to live fat and free and unashamed in this world, as well as those who really aspire to live a life of true Size Acceptance.