Tristy

Paintings of Henry Miller
Henry Miller, Lawrence Durrell
Dreamways of the Iroquois: Honoring the Secret Wishes of the Soul
Robert Moss
Pentimento (Back Bay Books)
Lillian Hellman

The 4-Hour Workweek, Expanded and Updated: Escape 9-5, Live Anywhere, and Join the New Rich

The 4-Hour Workweek: Escape 9-5, Live Anywhere, and Join the New Rich (Expanded and Updated) - Timothy Ferriss I had a real "like/hate" relationship to this book. First the "hates:" Timothy Ferriss represents all that is wrong with the current capitalist system. His "answer" to leaving the wage-slave life and living your dreams, is to have $5-an-hour wage slaves in third-world countries do your work for you. And how, pray-tell do THOSE workers have a 4-hour work week, Mr. Ferriss? His writing style is beyond manic, and he assumes everyone's dream is to travel the world and do extreme sports. Now, that being said, I come to the "likes:" I realized, through reading this book, that I have already incorporated, many of the great ideas he has about creating a short, easy work week, like cutting back on large volume e-mailing, being clear about what is "my work" and what falls on fellow colleagues' plates, and the fact that "retirement" is not something you wait for - happiness and relaxation should be a daily part of everyone's lives. Mr. Ferriss did have some really great ideas in keeping my self-employed work life moving along smoothly and easily and remembering to do what I love and what makes me happy as often as possible. So I think it is important not to throw this book out with the bathwater - BUT, if you are going to read it, be ready to be screaming at this author in outrage and frustration. There is so much wrong with this guy's outlook. And yet, there are gems in here, if you are willing to find them.