Tristy

Paintings of Henry Miller
Henry Miller, Lawrence Durrell
Dreamways of the Iroquois: Honoring the Secret Wishes of the Soul
Robert Moss
Pentimento (Back Bay Books)
Lillian Hellman

It's All in the Playing

It's All in the Playing - Shirley MacLaine I'm not sure why I keep punishing myself. Just because all of Shirley Maclaine's books fell into my lap, doesn't mean I have to read them all... right? This particular book is all about Shirley filming the FIVE HOUR TV mini-series of Out on a Limb. And, of course, Shirley is playing herself, so she gets to talk about herself twice as much as usual. What does Shirley now think of Shirley ten years ago? Well she is going to tell you! It's really quite meta and kind of interesting in a broad sense, but I just can't get past the pages and pages of Shirley saying "Oh wow! I really was right! I am smart and brilliant!" Oy vey. The one gift, is that if you search "Out on a Limb" on YouTube, you can find footage of her channeler friend Kevin, channeling the great Irish pickpocket character, which is really worth viewing. In this book she says that Kevin is really channeling and that all the Spirit Guides knew they were being filmed and "memorized their lines." It's crazy stuff, folks, but really interesting.