Tristy

Paintings of Henry Miller
Henry Miller, Lawrence Durrell
Dreamways of the Iroquois: Honoring the Secret Wishes of the Soul
Robert Moss
Pentimento (Back Bay Books)
Lillian Hellman

Making the Gods Work for You: The Astrological Language of the Psyche

Making the Gods Work for You: The Astrological Language of the Psyche - Caroline W. Casey What a treasure! I love Caroline W. Casey's trickster, celebratory, free spirit approach to life and her way of explaining astrology is no different. She begins with her seven/eight "Visionary Activist Principles," the first of which is "Believe nothing. Entertain possibilities." What a breath of fresh air, after so many astrologers touting their "One & Only Way to Read the Stars & Planets." Caroline goes into great detail about how all the planets can affect us, citing fairy tales and mythology, the original meaning of certain words, and the religious historical practices. And thanks to Caroline's excellent, accessible style of writing, I finally understand what all that "1st House, 2nd House," etc. really means. She also reminded me how easy and simple, yet extremely powerful a simple ritual can be. This is a book I"m going to keep around for easy reference. The next time I feel a crazy mood swing or have a series of unfortunate events occur, I just might check in on what those Planet Gods are up to!