Tristy

Paintings of Henry Miller
Henry Miller, Lawrence Durrell
Dreamways of the Iroquois: Honoring the Secret Wishes of the Soul
Robert Moss
Pentimento (Back Bay Books)
Lillian Hellman

Family Honor (Sunny Randall Series #1)

Family Honor - Robert B. Parker The only reason this book gets two stars instead of one is that the main character, Sunny Randall, is actually pretty awesome. She's sassy and interesting and solves crimes with her Boston Terrier. Sadly, the writing is horrendous. It's actually more written like a screenplay or a pitch for a television show (and I think it would make a good one, actually). I mean, there are pages and pages of dialogue that looks like this:"Do you like her?" Julie said."No.""Why not?""I can't say.""Because you don't know or because she might hear you?""The latter.""Is she angry and hostile?""Yes.""Hates her parents?""You bet.""And every other adult.""I'd guess so."I mean there are pages and pages and pages of dialogue like this. It's totally nuts. Again, if it were a screenplay and this were being filmed with charismatic actors, this dialogue might work but it's as if the author doesn't know the difference between a screenplay and an actual novel. Too bad, because the characters are quite interesting. Oh well.