Tristy

Paintings of Henry Miller
Henry Miller, Lawrence Durrell
Dreamways of the Iroquois: Honoring the Secret Wishes of the Soul
Robert Moss
Pentimento (Back Bay Books)
Lillian Hellman

The Red Book: A Deliciously Unorthodox Approach to Igniting Your Divine Spark

The Red Book: A Deliciously Unorthodox Approach to Igniting Your Divine Spark - Sera J. Beak When my mother gifted me this book and I flipped through it, I thought "Uh oh! Chick Lit meets Spiritual How-To? No thanks," and I put it aside. But then I found myself in a funk and needed a light, spiritual, female-focused pick-me-up and I picked up this book. What a sweet little gem! Sera Beak's style is very conversational, which I often find extremely annoying, but she pulls it off. She felt like a sweet girlfriend that I could respectfully tease the world with. She's got a great approach to spirituality, asking us to question and explore everything. Two of her big influences are SARK and Rob Brezsny and it shows - sweet, carefree and delightful, while still being extremely informative and accessible. This is most definitely a book I will be returning to again and again, when I need a little reminder not to take life too seriously and that there is divine inspiration and connection all around me - I just have to look.