Tristy

Paintings of Henry Miller
Henry Miller, Lawrence Durrell
Dreamways of the Iroquois: Honoring the Secret Wishes of the Soul
Robert Moss
Pentimento (Back Bay Books)
Lillian Hellman

Glad No Matter What: Transforming Loss and Change into Gift and Opportunity

Glad No Matter What: Transforming Loss and Change into Gift and Opportunity - S.A.R.K. I'm not ashamed at all to say that I adore SARK and have all her books. This one holds up with all the rest and yet also has a deep sadness that is not reflected in her other publications. I appreciate her raw openness in this one and yet, there is a hurried and rushed quality to it. SARK writes all her books by hand - literally, it's written in her own handwriting with colorful pens and bright, cheery drawings. This book follows in the same vein, and yet even her handwriting is cramped and hurried. I've never had to stumble over her writing - trying to decipher what a particular word says - but in this book, I had trouble on many pages. She shares openly that at the time of the writing of this book, her mother had died, as well as her beloved cat and she had a major love break-up. She also was extremely ill and it reflects in the scatteredness of her writing style as well as the layout of the book. She says that we should choose a word and go to that chapter. I chose "Grief" because that was what I was feeling, but that whole section was about death of a loved one, which was not what my grief was about at all. I think there should have been a bit more guidance for the reader - again, a sense of hurry and rush when you just want to sink in and enjoy. And yet, it is still unabashedly SARK and therefore delightful and incredibly helpful.