Tristy

Paintings of Henry Miller
Henry Miller, Lawrence Durrell
Dreamways of the Iroquois: Honoring the Secret Wishes of the Soul
Robert Moss
Pentimento (Back Bay Books)
Lillian Hellman

Has Corinne Been a Good Girl?: The Intimate Memoirs of a French Actress in Hollywood

Has Corinne Been a Good Girl? - Corinne Calvet Ugh. This book was ROUGH. For anyone that glamorizes Hollywood in the 40's this book is a wake-up call. Ms. Calvet really doesn't hold back. She elaborates on the rapes, the drugs and the submission to the male dominance of Hollywood in all its gory detail. And despite all of that, she STILL didn't make it in Hollywood! The pictures are amazing, but the tale, though very well-written is just so desperate and sad. She also never seems to realize or speak to the fact that she had other choices. Katherine Hepburn is an example of another, more feminist approach to that sexist time in Hollywood (and really is there any other kind of Hollywood)? If you like it rough, pick this up. If not, AVOID AT ALL COSTS!