Tristy

Paintings of Henry Miller
Henry Miller, Lawrence Durrell
Dreamways of the Iroquois: Honoring the Secret Wishes of the Soul
Robert Moss
Pentimento (Back Bay Books)
Lillian Hellman

My So-Called Freelance Life: How to Survive and Thrive as a Creative Professional for Hire - Michelle Goodman This book offers some great guidance and advice for those just starting out with freelance work. It's written in that whole cutesy/blogger kind of language (with chapters like "You're so Money!") which started to really grate on my nerves after awhile. It's hard to read a whole book in that kind of language. There is plenty of information in here that applies to everyone, but I did find that she was a little too copy-editing/writer-focused in her advice (which is what the author does). There are so many other ways to be a freelancing human in the world and she would occasionally throw in a few "this applies to dog walkers and crafters!" but not very often. It's a good book for beginning freelance folks to nail down the basics of writing a contract/invoice and how to deal with taxes. The most valuable part of the book was her advice on having clear and strong boundaries with clients - something most freelancers have a difficult time with, no matter how long they have been in business, but if you've been at it for awhile (as I have) you should probably save your hard-earned cash.