Tristy

Paintings of Henry Miller
Henry Miller, Lawrence Durrell
Dreamways of the Iroquois: Honoring the Secret Wishes of the Soul
Robert Moss
Pentimento (Back Bay Books)
Lillian Hellman

The Practice of Spiritual Direction

The Practice of Spiritual Direction - William A. Barry When I was in seminary, this was the only book about Spiritual Direction that was even close to being Interfaith. Now, I believe there are a few more options, but none really capture authors William Barry & William Connolly's openness and grounded advice and guidance. That being said, everything shared in this book has a Christian approach. The Williams just assume that everyone agrees that Spiritual Direction is always about the relationship with God and Prayer. I beg to differ and my private practice shows that EVERYONE has a spiritual life (whether they even use that word, or not) and EVERYONE has a right to a companion in Spiritual Direction, even if their spiritual lives revolve around their garden, or their art, or their relationship with a mountain. If you can handle all the God talk and still receive the deeper gifts of this book, it is a wonderfully helpful read that breaks down many important aspects of the Spiritual Direction relationship, from transference to fostering a contemplative attitude, it's all here and it's all helpful.