Tristy

Paintings of Henry Miller
Henry Miller, Lawrence Durrell
Dreamways of the Iroquois: Honoring the Secret Wishes of the Soul
Robert Moss
Pentimento (Back Bay Books)
Lillian Hellman

In the House of the Moon: Reclaiming the Feminine Spirit of Healing

In the House of the Moon: Reclaiming the Feminine Spirit Healing - Jason Elias, Katherine Ketcham This is a great book for some, including those who are new to the idea of women's history, power and strength being wiped out over history, and for those who are new to the idea of holistic healing and it's connection to more "feminine" energy.I am already quite steeped in both understandings, so I found this book a bit cloying and unhelpful. I have a real problem with Female Empowerment History Books that throw around unsubstantiated "facts" that actually don't have any proof. I am skeptical of anyone who claims that everything was groovy and perfect in the matriarchal Goddess times. Yes, I think a return to female empowerment is essential, but no time in history was ideal and perfect and there is no way to "prove" it, if it was.I really wanted this book to be more than it was. What it is are a lot of stories about women coming to the authors, looking for healing when Western Medicine had betrayed them. And frankly, I don't care for how these women were received - just as the Western doctors were brash and cursory with their diagnoses, so are the authors. They are just as fundamental and "my way or the highway" as the Western medical paradigm is perceived. I do appreciate how they relate women's empowerment to healing in a more holistic manner - that's why this book gets two stars, instead of one.I am disappointed, but again, there may be some who really resonate with this book.